The Saturday Art Club has been a feature of the Chapel Gallery since it was established in 2001. Professional artists facilitate the Art Club, which is planned and developed in partnership with the gallery.
Young Explorers, Age 8 – 12
A group for young people who want to explore their imaginations! Facilitated by professional artists who will help you develop your skills and creativity.
Creative Explorers, Age 13 – 18
This is for young people who have already identified a keen interest, offering a greater challenge and skill-based approach in visual arts.
Aims of the Saturday Art Club are:
• provide greater access for young people to the visual arts within West Lancashire.
• enable young people to work with professional artists and educators.
• develop the creativity, skills and interests of young people.
• provide an exciting and fun learning environment.
• opportunity to gain accreditation for the skills they have developed.
The Art Club Sessions
Morning or Afternoon Sessions:
Morning: 10am – 12 noon.
Afternoon: 1 – 3pm
• First Taster Session: Free.
• Chapel Gallery Young Explorers £7.50 per child per session
• Chapel Gallery Creative Explorers £10.50 per child per session
• Fees are payable in blocks of at least 4 sessions in advance. Discounts are available for early payment.
The Art Club is a non-profit making service. The fees allow us to employ a professional Artist to facilitate the workshops and provide a range of materials.
Please note: Art Club staff are only responsible for your child/children’s welfare between the session times stated only on the session days.
Arts Awards Accreditation Scheme
Chapel Gallery is now a registered centre for the Arts Council England, Arts Awards Accreditation Scheme. These awards are aimed at young people between the ages of 11 – 25 years old and are a step forward in developing their artistic skills and beginning a fruitful career in the Arts. The Awards can be taken at bronze, silver and gold level, these correspond to the levels 1, 2 and 3 on the National Qualifications Framework. Young people continue through the awards to become Art Leaders and explore employment options.
Booking A Place
If you are interested in booking a place please contact: