Have an egg-citing time at the Chapel Gallery this Easter
Spring into action with craft activities and storytelling sessions in the Birds Nest Creative Space this Easter.
Families with children between 2 and 10 years old can come along to and listen to expert storyteller and workshop leader Izzie Major tell popular spring time stories and recite poems and rhymes. Children can also create their own nature-inspired art work and write a poem celebrating the change in seasons to take home.
On Friday 12 April Izzie will lead a storytelling session and workshop activity called Who’s Hatching. Children can come and make a hatching chick, jellyfish or dinosaur, and let their imagination decide who is tapping from the inside of the egg in their picture! Sessions take place between 10.30am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm – 3.30pm.
At the Crafty Creatures session on Tuesday 16 April children can be inspired by inspired by the colours and creatures of spring. Using delicate materials they can create blossom trees and special paper to make scratch-art Easter eggs, bunny templates and pom-poms to make and take home for Easter bunting. Sessions take place between 10.30am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-3.30pm.
Sessions cost £5 per child (£8 for 2 children) accompanying adult are free and need to be booked in advance by contacting us on 01695 571328 or emailing email@example.com.
There are also plenty of free drop-in activities that people can come and enjoy during the Gallery’s usual opening hours:
- The Chedarty Family – Art Trail and Colouring Activities: Discover all of the members of the gallery’s own mice family. You can even create your own member, colour them in and display them at the gallery!
- Easter Egg Hunt: Explore the gallery to find all the colourful hidden paper eggs!
- Bunny Bunting!: Colour in and cut out chicks and bunnies then string them together to make your own Easter bunting!
- Book Swap at Granny’s Reading Room: Discover new books and swap them for ones you’ve already read at this book swap!
- Red Riding Hood Dress Up: Peep inside Granny’s wardrobe to find clothes from her story: Little Red Riding Hood! Dress up with family and friends to become the characters and act out scenes.
- Art Detective: Find the artworks in our current exhibition!
These fabulous drop in activities are on until Monday 22nd April, we hope to see you there!