Lancashire Open Exhibition 2019
Our Open Exhibition is now in its seventeenth year.
Each year, the exhibition boasts an eclectic collection of artwork, from artists who’ve exhibited widely and also those who are exhibiting work for the first time.
If you’re interested in developing an art collection, the Lancashire Open Exhibition is a great way to source original artworks to suit all tastes and budgets. Keep an eye on our Exhibitions page or register for our newsletter to hear when the exhibition opens.
Interested in submitting your artwork for consideration?
Amateur and professional artists alike have chance to exhibit at Chapel Gallery so, even if you’ve never exhibited in an art gallery before, this is an excellent opportunity to get your work seen by the general public.
For the first time there are now two ways of submitting your work for the Lancashire Open Exhibition 2019:
Submission Process 1
- Complete the online form, attach your images and make your payment in order to submit either one or two artworks.
- Please note: should you be eligible for payment concessions, i.e. if you are a student, a pensioner or in receipt of any benefits, please submit your work via Submission Process 2, as below.
- You will be notified digitally if your work has been selected for exhibition and, should your work be selected, you will be asked to deliver artwork on: Friday 5 or Saturday 6 July, 10am – 4:30pm.
Please note: If artwork that has been selected on the basis of digital images appears different when viewed in person, the Judges reserve the right to change their initial selection decision and you may be required to collect your artwork on Friday 12 & Saturday 13 July, 10am – 4:30pm.
Submission Process 2
- Submit one or two appropriately labelled artworks, with a completed ‘hard copy’ Entry Form (including 1st Class Stamp) and payment on: Friday 5 or Saturday 6 July, 10am – 4:30pm.
- Please note: read the Entry Form in full to ensure artworks are delivered appropriately labelled and ready to hang.
- Regarding payment, should you be eligible for concessions, i.e. if you are a Student, a pensioner or in receipt of any benefits, please bring proof to show Gallery Staff. i.e. NUS Card, benefits documentation and/or proof of age as appropriate. All details relating to concessionary rates are found on the Entry Form.